When a person buys a diamond, he or she is making one of the costliest purchase of their life. There are many things a person must look out for before buying a diamond. Along with the basics like price, cut, … Continue reading
Somebody once said that “diamonds are forever” and they couldn’t have been more spot on. Nothing says I love you like a sparkling diamond ring. The gemstone which has been termed as the ultimate act of love, and devotion has been melting the hearts of brides for decades.
Diamonds are perhaps the most exquisite of any gemstones, and have long held a reputation that is associated with prestige, and devotion amongst other things. Hence, it is safe to say that diamonds will be forever in style; however, there is always room for innovation, and advancements.
This can be seen in the recent popularity of colored diamonds which have become a must have nowadays. Diamonds are available in many different shapes, and size, and the worth of a diamond is determined by how rare it is. Which raises the question, what determines a diamonds rarity?
Rarity and the 4 C’s
A diamond is judged to be rare if it excels in the following 4 characteristics:
- Cut- This refers to the shape, or the facets of a diamond, and if the cut is more faceted the diamond will give of a greater shine.
- Clarity- The diamond will be deemed more valuable if it is free from impurities.
- Carat- A diamonds weight is judged in Carat’s; hence, a diamonds price is judged accordingly.
- Color- It takes a trained eye to spot the colors of the rainbow in a diamond, and at times the worth of the diamond is dependent upon the hue and textures associated with it. Furthermore, the absence of color is usually desired as this is what makes it sparkle. Hence colorless diamonds are the most expensive
The most durable there is
Diamonds are the most hardest of any gemstones. Derived from the Latin word “Adamas”, it can literally be translated as being invincible. This is due to the fact that diamonds have a four carbon molecular structure, which makes it extremely tough, and durable. This is quite possibly the reason that diamonds are associated with a wedding, with the bride and the groom starting of their marriage with a bond that will be invincible and indestructible for years and years to come. The durability and the toughness in many ways signify a bond which much like a strong marriage is never going to be broken. This is probably the reason that diamonds are going to be associated with weddings for years, and years to come.
Of course, no topic will be complete without the mention of Hollywood, and the jet set lifestyle. Diamonds have long been favored by the elites of Hollywood. The blonde bombshell Marilyn Monroe is well remembered for her fondness for diamonds, and was frequently photographed sporting extremely rare ones as well. In this modern day, and age we tend to follow trends and fads and any diamond that is associated with a celebrity usually sees its value skyrocket.
At the end of the day it is all about personal preferences, each diamond is unique in its own special way, and the selection of a diamond is really down to your individual preferences.
To find out about the best diamond jewelry stores in near your area, check out the reviews on yelp and google+.
Diamonds come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Our fingers too have different sizes and lengths. Here is how can choose a diamond ring that would hide your flaws and create a dazzling match:
- Women with long fingers would benefit from square and princess cut diamonds.
- They can choose wider band sizes.
- Smaller diamond size complements thin bony fingers.
- Bigger diamond size may appear overwhelming and invite all the attention to themselves instead of the wearer
- Wider bands give a fuller look to bony fingers.
- Women with shorter fingers should go for elongated styles.
- Pear and oval shaped diamond give an elongated look to stubby fingers.
- Rounded wedding bands have a complementing effect on short fingers.
- A small and round stone may look too small on wide fingers.
- Angular shapes and asymmetrical designs are best for wide fingers as they have a slender effect.
- Wide oval, marquise, rectangular and emerald shaped rings are suitable for wider fingers.
- Cluster styled stones suit wider fingers as they cover the skin on either sides.
- Split shank bands cover wider fingers nicely all around.
- Rounded ring bands may bring more attention to knuckles.
- Thicker and flatter bands can help in covering large knuckles.
- Large, chunky rings don’t make small hands look bigger; they rather bring attention to the tininess of their size.
- Small round, oval, princess cut, heart cut stones have a balancing effect on the size of the hands.
- Rings with smaller stones tend to get lost on larger hands.
- Round and heart shaped diamond rings look better on large hands.
- Large hands can carry bulky, chunky styles, as they divert attention from the wearer’s hand size towards themselves.
Choose the shape of your diamond ring wisely as you don’t buy it very often. We don’t have perfect fingers but we can accentuate our strengths and diminish our flaws with the right kind of diamond shaped ring.
A wedding ring is an important evidence of your commitment to each other, so make sure you select the right one.
Check out the reviews online to find out the best diamond store near your residence.
Most people think that purchasing a diamond is an easy task. They tend to go to a retailer on a whim and purchase the most expensive gem on display. There are a lot of things which can go wrong here. … Continue reading
Diamonds are the most precious item to gift a loved one. With a variety of diamonds to choose from, it can be a bit overwhelming for an individual to know which one they want for sure. While it is a … Continue reading
Shopping for the perfect wedding ring can be daunting. With hundreds of style and material options to choose from, a couple can have a hard time choosing the perfect wedding bands for themselves and can’t go by looks alone. Here are top 3 points to consider when choosing a wedding ring:
Choose the Metal
Wedding rings come in the following metals:
- Yellow gold is the traditional choice of couples.
- White gold is gold plated with rhodium to enhance its sheen and appearance.
- Platinum is far more resilient than gold but also fairly on the expensive side.
- Palladium looks like platinum but is less expensive.
Choose the Diamond’s Shape
Precious stones form the center of attraction in a ring. Diamond is the most popular choice for couples due to its shine, clarity, and value. Round, princess, emerald, asscher, marquise, oval, radiant, pear, heart, cushion are major shapes a diamond is cut in. The more exquisite the diamond’s shape is, the pricier it would be.
Choose the Band’s Shape
The wedding band’s shape is also very important in a wedding ring. It not only gives an aesthetic look to the ring but also ensure a comfortable fit. Some important wedding band shapes are:
- Court shaped: This ring is softly rounded on the inside and outside of the ring.
- ‘D’ shaped: This ring is curved on the outside and flat on the inside.
- Flat: This ring is flat on both sides.
- Halo: This ring is rounded.
Choosing a wedding ring is an important part of wedding preparations. Couples shopping for it together can have a valuable and sentimental experience. Since a wedding ring can’t be changed, replaced and traded in due to its sentimental value; hence, make sure you buy something that keeps you enthralled for life.
Diamond is the most precious friend of a girl. It brings with it joy and elegance, and we could not ask for anything more beautiful than a diamond ring. Even though we all have studied in our schools that diamond is the hardest natural substance, it still has chances of getting a little vulnerable when it is pinned to a necklace, ring, or a bracelet. Therefore, taking extra care of your diamond jewelry is significant to prevent it from cracking or spoiling.
Here we are discussing some simple steps that you should embrace in your everyday routine in order to keep your diamond jewelry good as new for a long long time!
- Remove Jewelry While You are Working
Whether you are cleaning your house, gardening, lifting some heavy-duty stuff, exercising in the gym, or even playing a sport that requires you to move a lot – you must take your jewelry off before performing any of these heavy tasks. This way, you will have lesser chances of knocking it, dropping it, as well as it will be safe from any cleaning chemicals that you might use during your cleaning hours. Also, the chances of your diamond to loosen up are high when you are busy in some hard-core exercise or sports activity, so it is always better to take it off during such tasks.
- Keep it Clean
It is impossible for your precious diamond ring to not get any dirt from the environmental pollution, no matter how much cautious you are. But that doesn’t mean you should feel heartbroken – you can
- In order to clean your diamond jewelry, always make sure you are holding it by the edges and not directly touching the diamond part.
- Once you know how to hold it properly, take a toothbrush with soft bristles. You can even use a makeup brush (lipstick or eye-shadow brush) to clean your diamond. Just make sure the makeup brushes you are using don’t have any makeup on them.
- Take a bowl and mix some warm water with mild detergent. Mostly, jewelry stores apply diluted ammonia on jewelries to clean them. Therefore, try a substitute if you don’t have diluted ammonia.
- Gently scrub off any dirt from the jewelry with the help of your brush. The warm water will gradually help to wash away any damaging oil.
- Just be careful around the metal part of your jewelry, because some metals tend to discolor when they come in contact with cleaning fluids.
- Take out your jewelry from the mixture and gently scrub it with a brush again until you are satisfied that no dirt or oil is left on it.
- A fine-mesh strainer is best to rinse your jewelry.
- Pat the jewelry dry with the help of some soft cloth.
You can always take your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler once a year in order to make sure its mounting and prongs are all set, and the stones are in place.
If a man’s heart is through his tummy, a woman’s heart is through some expensive diamond jewelry, and there are no ifs and buts about it. You want to make your woman happy? Buy her a fancy diamond bracelet, a necklace, or even diamond earrings if you are willing to make her day even better. But even women get confused which earrings they should choose whilst they are at the jewelry store, because the options are plentiful and every single one seems beautiful.
If you are willing to buy a pair of earrings for yourself or want to gift it to someone, then follow the simple tips mentioned below:
The Right Design
The hardest part we go through after stepping inside a jewelry shop is to pick the right design, because there are so many options to choose from. You always get confused whether to buy the dangling ones, or the studs, or whether you should skip all these and customize a pair of your own choice.
Here’s what you need to do – before making a decision, keep in mind why you want a pair anyway. Is there some wedding or formal event that you want to attend? If so, go for the dangling earrings as they give more of a fancy look with its intricate designs. You can always choose from designs like chandeliers, semi hoops, hoops, and dangling gemstones when it comes to dangling earrings.
But if you are willing to invest on earrings that you can wear on daily bases, to your workplace or to a casual lunch with your colleagues, then you should definitely go for the stud ones as they present a more elegant look.
Look for the Setting
Select the best setting for your diamond earrings is another major step that you should keep in mind. There are plenty of options to choose from – there are metals like gold, platinum, silver, and rose gold. If you have normal skin then any metal will be good for you. But if you have a sensitive skin, it is better to choose platinum as it is more subtle.
4 Cs to Ponder Over
It is hard for us normal people to ponder over every significant detail of diamond jewelry in order to stay away from deception, but we can always try. Cut, color, carat, and clarity are the four Cs we are talking about here. When it comes to color, there are varieties of tints that you can find, but we always refer you to buy the eternal, crystal white diamond. When it comes to cut, choose the one you like – round and princess shape cuts are more popular. Clarity can only be judged through naked eye. Carat is the measurement of how much a diamond weighs; the higher the carats the higher the value of the diamond.
Once you are satisfied with all of these details, you can get a perfect pair for yourself.
And lastly, don’t forget to keep your personality in mind while going through the various designs. Your jewelry should reflect the type of personality you embrace.
Buying an engagement ring is often an intimidating and confusing experience for a man. Add ‘diamond’ to this equation and they become absolutely clueless because they simply have no interest in diamonds. Before popping the question, they are faced with … Continue reading
When proposing someone special, the cut and the shape of a diamond ring matters a lot. Today, in the market, there are various diamonds available in unique shapes and choosing the right one so that it suits your loved one’s expectations can sometimes be very difficult.
Different shapes have different optical characteristics. If you are in search of a diamond that has specific properties like fire or brightness, then there are few that might fit your criteria. Following are some of the traditional shapes:
A round diamond has two facets: 58 with Culet and 57 without Culet. A hundred year old pattern, the design has withstood about everything. It is also known as the most balanced diamond, because it gives you good value for its cut, clarity, color and weight.
Ideal (AGS) / Excellent (GIA) Cut Diamonds
Terms set by leaders in gemology and diamond grading, excellent and ideal cut diamonds are some of the best stones. These diamonds exhibit scintillation, fire, sparkle, and brightness. When looked under a magnifying glass, these are the best stones as compared to others.
Ideal Arrows and Hearts Diamonds
H & A diamonds are the zenith of a 57-facet pattern cutting. They have a flawless optical symmetry and have the best ideal cut.
Princess shape or more commonly known as the ‘square’ shaped diamond; is a beautiful diamond that has many tiny sparkles. AGS has now created a standard for ideal cut princess diamonds, which help you easily to purchase this diamond. Since square shape is almost identical to round shape, sometimes customers get confused. The depth of a princess shape can be determined by table measurement. A princess shaped diamond usually has range of 60% to 73% and a depth of 65% to 75%.
One of the strongest shapes, rectangular diamonds is the epitome of radiant beauty. Its beauty comes from a balance between light leakage and well-distributed light return. The balance of these two gives the contrast between darks and lights in the stone, which produces that beautiful “crushed ice” look in these radiant cut stones.
Cushion is categorized in to three different types of diamond cuts:
This diamond cut looks like as if it was carved out by hand. The diamond’s facets are chunky and wide. Not perfect as others, these diamonds have large culets, which are visible. However, the antique diamond cut has a world of romance and charm, which modern diamonds do not contain.
Modern Cushion – Crushed Ice
Having an almost princess look, this diamond is made for those people who love sparkly and glittery stones. The crushed ice diamond has a silver glittery look with small fiery pinpoints.
Hybrid Modern Cushion
The hybrid modern cushion diamond cut lies somewhere between the crushed ice’s appearance and the large antique facets, hence the name. It is the most popular cut amongst the three as it contains a perfect combination of fire and flash and glittery brightness.
These diamonds got their name due to their step pattern cut. A classic cut, it has a ‘pool’ like look, which draws the attention of the viewer towards the stone.
Also known as a square emerald, it has the facet pattern of a step cut. The Asscher diamond cuts are known for producing a fierier look than the square emeralds. The passion that this stone brings is the reason it is so popular amongst engagement rings.
Heart / Pear / Oval / Marquise
Some of the most rare diamonds, these diamonds are considered as the most expensive diamonds due to their cut and clarity.
“The key to a diamond’s glittery appearance and fiery passion lies in the shine of a light”. Meaning – A diamond’s beauty can be recognized when photographed under the correct lighting.