Diamonds come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Our fingers too have different sizes and lengths. Here is how can choose a diamond ring that would hide your flaws and create a dazzling match:
- Women with long fingers would benefit from square and princess cut diamonds.
- They can choose wider band sizes.
- Smaller diamond size complements thin bony fingers.
- Bigger diamond size may appear overwhelming and invite all the attention to themselves instead of the wearer
- Wider bands give a fuller look to bony fingers.
- Women with shorter fingers should go for elongated styles.
- Pear and oval shaped diamond give an elongated look to stubby fingers.
- Rounded wedding bands have a complementing effect on short fingers.
- A small and round stone may look too small on wide fingers.
- Angular shapes and asymmetrical designs are best for wide fingers as they have a slender effect.
- Wide oval, marquise, rectangular and emerald shaped rings are suitable for wider fingers.
- Cluster styled stones suit wider fingers as they cover the skin on either sides.
- Split shank bands cover wider fingers nicely all around.
- Rounded ring bands may bring more attention to knuckles.
- Thicker and flatter bands can help in covering large knuckles.
- Large, chunky rings don’t make small hands look bigger; they rather bring attention to the tininess of their size.
- Small round, oval, princess cut, heart cut stones have a balancing effect on the size of the hands.
- Rings with smaller stones tend to get lost on larger hands.
- Round and heart shaped diamond rings look better on large hands.
- Large hands can carry bulky, chunky styles, as they divert attention from the wearer’s hand size towards themselves.
Choose the shape of your diamond ring wisely as you don’t buy it very often. We don’t have perfect fingers but we can accentuate our strengths and diminish our flaws with the right kind of diamond shaped ring.
A wedding ring is an important evidence of your commitment to each other, so make sure you select the right one.
Check out the reviews online to find out the best diamond store near your residence.