Who doesn’t love diamonds? As we all know, a diamond is a girl’s best friend. Although a diamond is one of the hardest known natural materials, when it is set in jewelry, it is more vulnerable to cracking, breaking or spoiling. So, when you wear your diamond jewelry, you need to be very careful as they are fragile. We are going to look at some common yet important ways to take care of diamond jewelry in this article.
- Caring for Diamond Jewelry During Daily Activities
- Before performing any heavy duty task remove your diamond jewelry
- Apply your makeup before putting on the diamond
- Remove your diamond jewelry before taking a shower
- Remove your ornaments before a swim
- Do not wear diamond while playing sports
- Cleaning your Diamond Jewelry
- When cleaning your diamond jewelry remember to handle it from the edges, avoid touching the stones
- Use a soft toothbrush, (eyebrow brush, preferably) to clean it with soap and water. The brush should be soft and should not have any makeup residues.
- Mix a mild detergent with water and soak your diamond jewelry in it. The water should be hot, this way the heat will loosen any oil on the stone.
- Soak the diamond jewelry for some time, then scrub gently for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the diamond jewelry with a fine-mesh strainer
- Use a soft cloth to pat dry the jewelry. It is always better to use jewelry polishing cloth as it will not scratch any embellishments in the jewelry.
- Providing an On-going Care to the Diamond Jewelry
- Take your diamond jewelry once a year for a professional jeweler. They will detect any unnoticed minor scratches to your jewelry. They will also check if your diamond is firmly in its place.
- Store your diamond jewelry with care. If you are not using it regularly, keep it in a jewelry box, away from all other jewelry. Each, jewelry should be kept apart to avoid from clinging to each other and getting damaged. Always keep your diamond jewelry in a secure container made up of fabric lining and cotton pads. Or store them in a box with different compartments and separate zipper pouches.
If you are fond of diamond jewelry, you need to know how to take care of it. Diamonds are expensive and they cannot be bought every so often. Thus, it is quite crucial that you know the proper ways to take care of your diamond jewelry.
If you want to have a look at new designs on diamond jewelry, visit Jangmi Jewelry today. There is a wide range of variety of different designs of diamond jewelry. For more information about Jangmi Jewelry, visit our website, or go to Google Plus and Wedding Wire for reviews of our products and services by our customers.